They are finally here!!! The new logos for Mobile App Solutions.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
The average development studio will quote a price somewhere in the range of £5000 to £50,000 to build a truly custom app. This is understandable as bespoke apps take months of planning, development, and debugging.
However this most often is not the answer small businesses want to hear. Most small businesses are able to offer a comprehensive mobile strategy by using a step-by-step app builder, with dozens of powerful premade functions and hundreds of clean, beautiful templates to choose from. There are no issues, no debugging, and the monthly cost is a tiny, tiny fraction of what it costs to build a custom app.
As a result, apps are now within reach for everyone.
Mobile App Solutions offers services on the world’s most popular platform for small businesses (over 100.000 and counting).
Restaurants can offer mobile ordering to customers. Spas can offer remote reservation scheduling. Bands can create an app for fans to connect, listen to sample tracks, and buy merch. The possibilities go on and on, and are as varied as small businesses themselves.
So, what does an app cost? Contact email@example.com to find out how we can build you an app with a monthly hosting fee from £10/month!!!
The rise of mobile technology and the increasing number of people using smart phones and tablets have prompted the development of mobile applications for a multitude of uses. It should come as no surprise then that to promote quick, convenient as well as harmonious school-parent communication a ‘School App’ has been devised.
The clear and timely sharing of information between schools and families is vital for efficient and cohesive education. By improving school to parent communication, school apps have a host of benefits for both parties.
Provides parents with an easy way to know what is going on always.
Ensures parents always receive notes.
Reduces ‘bad parent days’ by reminding busy parents about upcoming school events.
Informs parents when and how adverse weather affects the establishment, avoiding frustration.
Removes the financial and environmental cost of paper newsletters.
Notes are communicated securely by school staff to the parent via our mobile app, removing frustrations of notes being returned late or not at all.
Provides a convenient, easy-to-use and secure platform for payment of fees.
Frees up the time of school staff by reducing phone calls with repetitive and often unnecessary questions
Helps support and sustain a harmonious relationship with parents.
Finally school apps add prestige to any establishment as parents and students perceive the adoption of high technology as an investment in their child’s academic development.
You may also be pleased to know that, at your request we are capable of creating a free mobile app demo for your School. I have included a few demo screenshots of a popular local nursery to give you an idea of our capabilities. Contact us now to arrange your free no-obligation preview.
If you are experiencing school to parent communication issues in your nursery, request a free demo of an app built specifically for your school and discover the power of this simple, ‘in your pocket’ solution.
Most small business owners will tell you of the numerous strategies they have adopted to gain more revenue and increase footfall. Promotions, special offers, discounts, referrals and affiliate programs always rank amongst the top 10. However whilst most continue to pursue new business, a considerable revenue stream could be realised by focusing on current customers.
Your existing customers can be one of the most reliable sources of new revenue. They are more receptive and likely to spend more. In fact up to 33% more than first timers. It is for this reason that loyalty rewards schemes are popular with most small businesses. Benefits include –
1) increased customer spending
2) Bringing in new customers
3) Increased visit frequency
4)Increased product awareness
5) Increased customer satisfaction and retention
However with the more traditional methods of loyalty like stamp cards, club cards or points cards etc, there are a few downsides. Stamp cards, though cheap and easy to implement, can become a burden to keep organised and are often lost or discarded by users. Plastic loyalty cards like club cards provide effective tracking links to customer records and transactions. However they are generally expensive and become a deterrent to customers due to lengthy data capture forms.
The digital loyalty card has the benefits of both systems without the problems attached. Being virtual, paperless and inexpensive, it also provides an effective way to track and reward customer patterns and behaviour. Four key features constitute the main functionality behind this application.
Virtual Stamp Card (Loyalty Coupon) – This loyalty feature works in the same way as a paper loyalty card, just virtually. Instead of a physical punchcard or stamp card, each user will track purchases through your app. When they make a purchase at your location, they can pull up the loyalty program tab and your team members can tap the screen and enter a simple code to record the purchase. The purchases will then be tallied onscreen. When the virtual card is “full,” your team members can process redemption and reset the card.
QR Voucher – this feature is based on customers using the QR scanner and camera functions on their smartphones. It simply allows consumers to benefit by scanning QR codes related to your business in a bid to redeem a free/discount/money off voucher.
GPS check-in – similar to check-in feature on Facebook where users location is recorded, this feature actually rewards the user for frequenting that location. So depending on the conditions ( ie how many visits are required), the customer is able to redeem a voucher after a specified number of check-ins.
Push Notifications – A massive bonus feature that enables any business to effectively engage their customers. It is a fantastic addition to any mobile loyalty program because it introduces a powerful marketing tool for the business through something as simple as a loyalty card. Dynamic and graphically enhanced messages can now be sent to users based on mobile device, location and user identity.
Other features that can be integrated are –
– Tell A Friend
– Social Media
The Digital Loyalty Card is truly a virtual loyalty program that packs a punch. And in generating new business as well as increasing repeat custom is surely the answer to most small business owners’ revenue concerns.
Introducing the Digital Loyalty Card
The Digital Loyalty Card is a mobile app which focuses primarily on building brand loyalty, developing repeat custom and increasing sales revenue per customer. Built specific to each business, this application is based around the loyalty coupon, QR voucher and GPS check-in features of the Mobile App Solutions platform. The Card benefits the user by eliminating, paper or ‘credit card’ loyalty cards which are often cumbersome and easy to lose or forget. They are also beneficial to a business in being more secure and more effective in tracking performance.
[62% of customers report that they are more likely to continue doing business with a company that has a loyalty program and about 40% would change their buying habits to maximize loyalty rewards.] – Maritz insights :The Loyalty Report 2012
The features available on a bespoke version include:
1) Loyalty Coupon (ie stamp card – buy 5 get 1 free)
2) QR code voucher (ie scan QR code x times to receive discount)
3) GPS check-in (check every time you visit and receive reward on your 5th visit)
4) Contact (Call/Website/Email/Directions)
5) Social Media (Facebook, Twitter etc)
6) Tell A Friend (Share via various media)
7) Notifications (Send unlimited push notifications to users)
8) Membership feature (set username and password for app users)
9) Analytics (track usage by user id, phone type, gps location etc)
The loyalty feature works in the same way as a paper loyalty card, just virtually. Instead of a physical punchcard or stamp card, each user will track purchases through your app. When they make a purchase at your location, they can pull up the loyalty program tab and your team members can tap the screen and enter a simple code to record the purchase. The purchases will then be tallied onscreen. When the virtual card is “full,” your team members can process redemption and reset the card.
Your customers will love it, and will probably spend more at your business after implementation. You can create unlimited loyalty cards within the app and provide unlimited downloads to your customers, all this included within your Mobile App Solutions subscription package.
You may be pleased to know that at your request we will build a demo digital loyalty card for your business for FREE. We will also conduct a 30min preview completely free with no obligations or hidden costs. Contact us now to request your free demo.
t: 01273 921 102 m: 0776 775 5662
twitter – @mobappsol
• Mobile App Solutions surveyed over 500 small business owners with both a mobile app and a mobile website to determine which returned a higher return on investment.
Which returned a high return on investment?
• 73% – said mobile app, 27% – said mobile website
Which do your customers prefer?
• 81% – said mobile app, 19% – said mobile website
Which is best for getting new customers?
• 75% – said mobile app, 25% – said mobile website
Which is best for repeat customers?
• 86% – said mobile app, 14% – said mobile website
Top reasons for a mobile app?
• 41% – customer loyalty
19% – customer service
15% – increased revenue
10% – improved communication
8% – to stand out
7% – other
Which has higher usage?
• 67% – said mobile app, 43% – said mobile website
Push notification open rates
versus email marketing:
• 97% – push notifications / SMS, 3% – email marketing
Which is most important?
• 10% – said mobile app
9% – said mobile website
81% – said both equally important
The results showed that both mobile apps and mobile websites are important pieces of a small business mobile marketing strategy.
• Developed with standard web development tools and technologies.
• Built once and deployed for all devices.
• Typically, but not always, less expensive than app development.
• Publish as a website. Immediate availability
• Viewable with any mobile browser. No distribution required.
• No installation required. Web-based.
• Easily updated and changes are immediate with a browser refresh.
• Can be found through a standard search. Primary website can redirect to a mobile-optimized version when mobile is detected.
• Viewable by individuals within the appropriate device.
• Capable of very robust user experiences.
• Superior Graphics – may be stored locally. Effects & animations are limited only by device computing power and memory.
• Unlimited access to hardware functionality. Camera, accelerometer, microphone, GPS, etc.
• When built for distinct operating systems and devices (native code), unique programming languages and software development kits are required. Cross-platform solutions available for deploying to various app stores.
• Built for individual devices and operating systems. May require multiple developers with different proficiencies.
• Typically, but not always, more expensive, especially when multiple devices or operating systems are targeted.
• May require a submission process. Users must download and install prior to use.
• Download and installation required.
• Download and installed from website or marketplace.
• iTunes requires a resubmission process. May require multiple development resources if updates are required for multiple devices and operating systems.
• Easy to charge for apps, using the available app marketplaces.
• Typically found through an app store search or linked to from a website.
POWER OF PUSH!
The Push notification by far, can be the most powerful tool on a mobile app. It is proven to deliver the quickest return on investment and the best platform for engagement and interaction within the app.
A push notification is a dedicated message, created by the app administrator and sent directly to users via the home screen of their mobile device. These messages can be in text form or more recently in graphic format (picture or animation) and are generally used to communicate offers, promotions or special events. Push notifications emanate from apps, and can be turned on or off at a user’s request. Adweek reports in an article [Push Notifications Not So Annoying Anymore : April 17 2012] that push notifications can potentially lead to –
• A 540% increase in daily app opens,
• A 30% increase in social sharing, and
• A 20% increase in mobile orders. • A response rate 3x faster than that of emails
However to harness the true power of push notifications close attention must be paid to the following points –
1) Appropriate User Controls – To avoid harassing users it is always advisable to give them the choice to opt out of notifications. Users should be first asked if they want to receive your notifications, thus giving them the choice of engaging in this way. This also helps you to identify your core app audience.
2) Differentiate your App user – Actively research your app user to find out their preferences ie deals, offers, events they are interested in and send the relevant push notifications. If you develop a Mobile App Solutions app, then our comprehensive App Analytics will also be invaluable in making this differentiation.
3) Perfect timing – It is important you either schedule or plan your notifications to arrive on users home screen at specific times in relation to the offers, promotions or events. For instance its not always necessary to send a push note on Monday about your Weekend drinks offer if you are a bar trying to sell more drinks at the weekend. However if you are trying to sell concession tickets before an even at your venue then this approach might be more suitable.
Advocates for facebook marketing will argue that you can send notifications through facebook to followers in a similar fashion, and that the benefits of messaging through an app are no different? Not true. With Push notifications via an app you can –
1) allow users to opt out of receiving the message (allows you to target real audience)
2) Send location based messages to customers
3) Send messages to customers on specific devices – user targeting (ie specific promotion for iPhone/Android user)
4) Link push notifications to any website URL
5) Link push notifications to any content or tab inside of your mobile app
Finally, in contrast to facebook notifications which can easily get lost in a constant stream of updates, users who have opted in to receive messages on the app literally cannot miss the notification.
For more information on the power of Push Notifications and a free ‘no obligation’ demo on how effective they can be within an app,
Download (Android) MobAppSol (Mobile Web) http://login.mobileappsolutions.co.uk/html5/?appcode=mobappsol
Android v Apple: The battle continues.
Controlling over 50% market share, these 2 giants are locked in fierce competition that makes it quite difficult to declare an overall winner. Their activities over the past quarter hasn’t made it any easier.
According to research by App Annie, Google Play have experienced 10% more downloads overall in comparison to the App Store, however in terms of revenue, the App Store has still doubled that of their closest rivals. Highlights are as follows –
Downloads by Country – Most active countries are US, South Korea, Russia, India and Brazil.
Revenue by Country – Top of the list, Japan, South Korea, US, Germany and UK.
App Preference – Games (80% of Google revenue), Communication, Tools, Entertainment and Social.
Devices – Popularity and increase in downloads in countries like Brazil is attributed to mobile providers flooding the market with new inexpensive devices.
The continued increased revenue from App store downloads is attributed to the simple fact that developers create the best Apps for apple devices because they know the primary reason why consumers purchase iPhones, iPads etc is because of apps. A case of guaranteed quality vs quantity. No wonder Apple have strict rules and guidelines for submission to the app store
For us at Mobile App Solutions, the message here for small businesses planning their mobile strategy is simple – the best approach to reaching your mobile customers is adopting what we refer to as our complete mobile marketing strategy. This is a multi platform approach that allows you to have your business app developed for iPhone, Android and also have an HTML5 mobile website which functions on all major mobile devices. And the cherry on top is you don’t have to pay the earth for all of this.
Contact us today for information on how we can maximize your mobile presence, with more engaging, interactive and affordable apps.
There is no denying the importance of social media in building and nurturing a community of followers. Benefits are especially evident with the launch of a new product or service or the introduction of a new business to an online community. This impact generated with an initial announcement and marketing strategy however has to be maintained to make it worthwhile in the long run.
The primary limitations of social media lie in how rapidly things change within a community. News feeds to this effect are constantly updating like a flowing river. Hence information or content quickly becomes redundant as the community moves on to the newest most relevant feed. So your posts and updates however frequent or regular could become lost before your followers see them.
One way to combat this is to create your own community, through a dedicated mailing list or better still through a mobile app or mobile website. If you can persuade your social media followers to give you their email details or download a free app, then you can interact with them directly without the disruption or distractions associated with social media. By incentivising or highlighting benefits you could build a community of followers who genuinely want to hear from you and receive updates from your company.
Email marketing or mailing list is considered effective and low cost marketing however this can be incorporated into a mobile app in addition to other successful marketing methods like loyalty coupons, special offers, promotions, click to call etc. The result is a mobile marketing strategy that is effective at driving sales, increasing customer retention and delivering the highest return on investment of any form of marketing.
Added to this is the security and trust and transparency associated with a specific community. Your business is generally unique and the niche that initially attracted your customers is more likely to attract them again if they realise they are part of a community of satisfied consumers. Your objective should be to coordinate all your other marketing strategies so that they all highlight the community within your business and benefits of being a part of it.
For information on how a mobile app can help you create this community and the direct benefits, please contact us directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01273 921 102.
They are finally here!!! The new logos for Mobile App Solutions.